All 4-H members need to review the official contest rules prior to entry. It is the responsibility of the 4-H member and their family to understand contest requirements prior to submission.
The 4-H Share the Fun Contest is designed for 4-H members to share their talent. Contestants can pick from 7 categories.
- Learn more: 2021 Share the Fun Letter
- Advancing to District: Performances are divided into two day. Contestants may only enter one category per day. Check District Guidelines at https://d44-h.tamu.edu/event-page-links to learn more. It is HIGHLY ADVISED for acts to be previewed by the County Extension Office prior to performing at the District Contest.
The 4-H Educational Presentation and Public Speaking Contests are designed to showcase member knowledge and enhance public speaking skills. Contestants need to be familiar with the categories and preparation methods.
- Learn More: https://d44-h.tamu.edu/event/educational-presentations-public-speaking
- Advancing to District: All performance will advance to the District Contest on Friday, April 16th. It is HIGHLY ADVISED for acts to be previewed by the County Extension Office prior to performing at the District Contest.
The 4-H Fashion Show provides opportunities for 4-H members to show their knowledge of comparison shopping or clothing constructions. There are two divisions: Buying & Construction. Each division has 4 categories options. This contest does require a supplemental form, which must be completed and turned in separate from contest entry.
- Learn More: Texas 4-H Fashion Show Construction/ Buying/ Natural Fibers
- Advancing to District: Contestants must place 1st in their category at the County Contest to move forward.
The 4-H Duds to Dazzle Challenge provides 4-H teams the chance to showcase their skills in re-designing or re-purposing a textile. Each team has 60 minutes to create a new product using item from the supply closet. Each team provides their own supply kit.
- Learn more: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/fashion-interior-design/#contests
- Advancing to District: All teams will advance to the District Contest. It is HIGHLY ADVISED for teams to practice prior to attending the District Contest.
2nd Chance Food Show will be a limited contest, as 4-H members have already qualified for District in some categories.
- Available categories in the Clover, Junior, and Senior Divisions – Appetizers, Main Dish, and Side Dish.
- Available categories in the Intermediate Division – Appetizers, Side Dish, and Healthy Desserts.
Consumer Decision Making: practice contest for individuals and teams of 4. Participants are given a written scenario in 6 different categories – can be any type of consumer good. Based on the information given in each category scenario, participants must rank 4 products from best to worst. Intermediate and Senior participants will present a set of reasons on their placing of 1 category to a set of judges.
- Learn More: Consumer Decision Making
Photography Judging: practice contest for individuals. Participants are given a written scenario in 6 different categories – topics are related to photography principles. Based on the information given in each category scenario, participants must rank 4 products from best to worst.
- Learn More: Photography Judging
Agricultural Product Identification: practice contest for individuals. Participants are given 20 agriculture products to identify, which are grown in Texas. Contestants answer two multiple choice questions for each product. The first question is the identification question and the second question will relate to specific growing, nutrition, or region information about the commodity.
- Learn More: Ag Product ID
Quiz Bowls: The quiz bowl contests provide an opportunity for youth enrolled in 4-H projects to demonstrate their knowledge on a specific subject matter in a competitive setting where attitudes of friendliness, cooperation, and fairness prevail. Quiz bowl guidelines can be adapted and used for any 4-H project or officer training, or as a tool to teach knowledge and skills about 4-H in general.
- Learn More: Quiz Bowls