The Grayson County 4-H Council has regularly scheduled meetings on the third Monday of the month from August to May. The 2023-2024 Council meeting will take place in person, unless otherwise stated. Meetings will start a 7:00 p.m. each month. Meetings will take place at the Grayson County Courthouse in the 2nd Floor Assembly Room, unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, September 18th – International and National opportunities for 4-H members
- Monday, October 16th – Candy-making 101
- Monday, November 20th – Photography Scavenger Hunt
- Monday, December 18th – Holiday Party/ Celebration
- Monday, January 15th – Dog Care and Training
- Monday, February 19th – Jewelry-making 101
- Monday, March 18th – Entomology and Beekeeping
- Monday, April 15th – Recordbooks and Scholarships
- Monday, May 16th –Election of 2024-2025 Officer Team
Meet your 2021-2022 County Council Officer Team
Grayson Downs, President
Payten Sparks, 1st Vice President
Jett James, 2nd Vice-President
Bess Foley, 3rd Vice-President
Piper Morrison, Secretary
Kate Foley, Treasurer
Zaryiah Franklin, Reporter
Camryn Craddock, Parliamentarian
Ace James, Heath and Safety
Sydney Sprinkle, District Delegate
Starlyn Schnitker, Alternate District Delegate
What is the County 4-H Council?
The County 4-H Council is an elected representative group of 4-H members who meet, discuss, plan, and assist in carrying out 4-H programs and activities in the interest of the total membership on a county level. The Council Officers use input from Club Presidents and Delegates to implement programs and activities.
Who should attend?
All 4-H Clubs in Grayson County should have TWO delegates (elected or appointed) that attend the meeting, but everyone is welcome to come learn what is happening at the county level. Delegates should be prepared to share what their club has been doing since the last meeting.
Why is there a County 4-H Council?
The Council provides a link between local clubs or groups and County 4-H Programs, between County Programs and District 4-H Programs, and between District Programs and State 4-H Programs.